1. Could you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m a fun-loving wife and mum of two who has a real buzz for the media industry. There’s nothing quite like it for me.
2. Why did a job at Edison Media appeal to you?
I have known Nicola Orrell for many years, she is strong, driven and knows her stuff. Her vision for Edison is innovative and exciting, which is a must in the ever-changing world of media. After meeting the team, I knew I was in the right place. They are beyond anything I have come across before and they each bring something special to the business.
3. Could you run us through your day to day?
My day as Operations Manager is varied. It involves looking after our people at Edison along with media buying and planning for our clients. Making sure our clients get maximum results for their budget is what we do. Once a brief comes in, I get to work! This includes audience research initially, looking at demographics, understanding the behaviours and interests of the consumer i.e., where they are and how we can reach them. It isn’t one size fits all at Edison Media. Each proposal is bespoke and tailored to meet the needs of our client.
4. What is your favourite part of your job?
Seeing the end result of a successful campaign and a happy client.
5. Your biggest motivator?
6. Any words of wisdom for someone wanting to succeed in this role?
Love what you do.
7. Your proudest professional achievement?
Walking in to the Daily Mail Kensington, London on my first day.. I felt like I was filming an episode of Ugly Betty. Although I have many other proudest achievements. This was a special moment for me in my career.
8. Do you have any role models that have inspired you?
Karen Smith was the Operations Manager at the Manchester Evening News when I was an aspiring team manager. Her style and approach to management was the best I have ever come across in my career. She was strong, honest, approachable and extremely personable.
9. What are the qualities that you need to be good at this job?
Resilient, adaptable, hard-working and a strong negotiator.
10. What is it about this industry that made you want to be a part of it?
It’s an exciting industry, it’s never dull or boring.
11. Do you have any surprising hobbies?
Yes… I have recently started rock jumping in Anglesey.
12. How do you de-stress after a long day?
Take a long soak in the bath with a G&T